When complete, VHA shareholders will have 50.1% of the new company and TPG will have the remaining 49.9% of the company.
"Today is a significant milestone in the merger process and subject to final court approval, we will be bringing VHA and TPG together in two and a half weeks," Vodafone Australia CEO Inaki Berroeta said.
Must read: Vodafone Australia and TPG merger: Everything you need to know The old TPG will also be handing out a special dividend to its shareholders to lower its cash level because its net debt isn't high enough.
Shareholder approval kicks off the final stages of the merger process, with a court hearing for approval set for Friday, and Vodafone Australia to be renamed TPG Telecom Limited as the merger scheme comes into effect on Monday.
Image: TPG The name Vodafone Hutchison Australia is not long for this world after TPG shareholders approved the merger of the two telcos on Wednesday.
I really appreciate you for taking the time to write me this feedback.
I received your feedback.
I am sorry!
An error occurred and we could not transfer your message.
Please try again or get in contact with us via mail.